INTRODUCTION SAFEHOST LOCALISATION
The petrochemical industry, where products are being produced using oil and gas, faces many challenges, including personnel safety, environmental hazards, process complexity, and logistics. Moreover, these challenges change over the lifetime of a plant. During plant construction, main focus is on supervision of the vast amount of construction companies and their employees. After commissioning, issues of security, safety, and process control become more prominent. Sensite's ATEX-compliant SafeHost system offers solutions for all of these aspects, during the complete lifetime of a petrochemical plant.
SENSITE SOLUTIONS FOR PETROCHEMICAL INDUSTRY
SAFEHOST COMBINES THE FOLLOWING MAIN FUNCTIONS:
- Personnel Tracing: The location of personnel can be assessed with Sensite's Real Time Localisation infrastructure, consisting of HBL200 Wireless network Controllers, continuously monitoring the transmissions of BN309 Intelligent Tags in their vicinity.
- Muster Zone Management: The identification of employees, assembled at muster zones in case of an emergency situation is automated with Sensite's localisation system.
- Access Control: The BN309 Intelligent Tags can also be used for conventional access control of doors and gates, and for identification and localisation of vehicles entering, occupying, or leaving a plant. This provides an easy means for access control and logistical planning.
- Asset Management: Valuable and movable assets can be equipped with BN309 Intelligent Tags and, in this way, located using the on-site reader infrastructure of HBL200 Wireless Network Controllers. For assets in transit, their location can be traced continuously via their GPS position, if required.
- Permit Control; "Permit to Work" software provides an easy way to issue and register all permits within an organisation. SafeHost allows automated coupling of work permits to the authorised work spot area(s).
- Gas detection: Sensite's full suite of wireless gas sensors allows plant management to monitor the concentration of hazardous gases like H2S, SO2 and Ch4.
INSTALLATION AND OPERATION
- Signal strength issues
- Noise floor measurements
- Time since last reception of equipment
- Battery status
If you have any questions or want to receive more information about Sensite's SafeHost Localisation Solution, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.